Postcode for SatNavDT3 4BT
O.S. Landranger Map reference194-652826

Buckland Ripers

St. Nicholas

The tiny church and hamlet are fitted into a fold in the downland.  This is delightfully rural Dorset.  The origins of the church are ancient with the first recorded patron, Peter de Mallory, in 1310. However, owing to a fire in 17c it had to be largely rebuilt in 1655.

As usual, the Victorians were busy, providing  a new roof, pews and a new window in the medieval chancel.  Note, the handsome lectern.

 

 

 

 

 

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©